Barrie Lawyers Feed the Hungry
The Barrie Lawyers Feed the Hungry program (BLFTH), launching in September of 2015, partners with the Salvation Army - Bayside Mission to serve meals to the vulnerable and impoverished in the Barrie community. The Salvation Army serves dinner seven days a week and can serve up to two hundred guests. The BLFTH sponsors the dinner served every second Wednesday of each month assisting the Salvation Army with their daunting task of feeding the hungry in our community. Lawyers also volunteer their time to serve each meal that the program has sponsored.
The program functions thanks to the hard work and effort of its committee members:
- Sabrina Lucenti - Dooley Lucenti
Fundraising and Volunteer Committees:
- Esther Armchuk - Director of Legal Services/ Municipal Solicitor, Town of Newmarket
- Lori Aylwin - Family and Children’s Lawyer
- Angela Mcleod - Criminal Defence Lawyer
- Kimberly Miles - Criminal Defence Lawyer
- Lisa Roszell - Michael Reed Law
- Christopher Salazar - HGR Graham Partners
- Carrie Simmons - Simmons Law
- Sarah Tarcza - Assistant Crown Attorney, Simcoe County
- Jim Vigmond - Oatley Vigmond
If you are a lawyer and interested in volunteering to serve meals with the program, please send an email to Sabrina Lucenti at email@example.com to top
The lead volunteers of the Barrie Program held an event Battle of Brains: Trivia Night on October 20, 2015 and raised approximately $1,200 for the Program.The Law Society Foundation would like to thank participants for your generosity.